The Holbrook Library proudly serves the Ellsworth community with a collection of over 43,000 items and electronic information resources.
We have recently gone through a remodel. We are now set up as a bookstore model. What does this mean?
The Bookstore Model is a way to help library patrons browse the collection by grouping materials by subject heading rather than by Dewey decimal system. This is utilized in all non-fiction sections of the library and makes materials easier to find for people who may not be familiar with how the Dewey decimal system works.
COME CHECK US OUT!
Current Programs and Services
- Open Wifi
- DVDs, audio books, and read-along books
- Interlibrary Loan Service
- Summer Reading Program Events
- Children's Programming
- Conference Room
- CLEP and DANTES Materials
- Reference Resources
- Netlibrary and E-Books
- Newspapers and Magazines
- Maker Space 3D Printer
- Our makerspace includes two 3D printers that are available for use to all library card holders. You can create one 3D print per week. We have information in the library on what websites to utilize.
- We also have a lot of kits for children and young adults to use such as Little Bits, Lego, Robotics kits, and others to encourage STEM learning.
Contact the Library or visit the resources tab for information on these programs and services.
Due to funding, please contact the Holbrook Library for current database availability.