The Base Pool at Ellsworth AFB (Bellamy Fitness Center) is a 7-lane, 25-yard pool with the water temperature at a comfortable 82 degrees. Easily accessible stairs make it safer for people of all ages and abilities to enter and exit the pool that ranges in depth from 3 1/2 to 9 feet.
A lap timer, basketball hoop, diving blocks and a variety of water exercise equipment are available for your use.
*We will reserve up to 2 lanes for lap swim whenever possible during all hours of operation.
Available times are Monday-Friday 7 PM to 9 PM. Cost is $100 per two hours. No additional time may be added.
Accident prevention is the cornerstone of safety. You can help us maintain a safe and healthy pool environment by obeying the following rules:
- Children 10 years of age or younger must be under direct supervision of an adult (18 yrs or older)*
- Individuals who are 16 yrs old may supervise up to three children (at least one must be over the age of 6)
- Children 17 yrs old and younger must pass a "swim test" before being allowed to swim without adult supervision. Test includes a 1 minute water tread and a 25 yard swim across the pool effectively. If they pass, they will receive a wrist band and name in the swim test book for the summer. Only one attempt per day per child.
- A 10 minute break of adult swim can be called by the lifeguard after 50 minutes of swimming to give the children a break.
- Smoking, alcoholic beverages, and glass containers are prohibited on grounds
- No running/horseplay on pool deck areas
- No street clothes allowed in the pool
- All patrons must shower before entering the pool
- Due to a low water depth of the pool, no diving is permitted
- USCG approved life vests/jackets (Types I, II, III) are authorized, all other flotation devices are prohibited
- Pets are not permitted on pool grounds
- Eating or drinking is prohibited in the pool or pool's edge (Must be minimum 10 ft from pools edge)
- Handicap accessible pool lift is available - please contact lifeguard for assistance.
*Children must be able to show proof of age to be allowed to swim unaccompanied.